About Me

Thursday 7 January 2010

Say it; before it’s too late to!

The last 6 months had been really painful; it was getting tougher to live by the day. My body had started deteriorating. I had lost strength. Reaction times were slowing down. The mind too seemed to have given up. The end seemed inevitable & evident. The heart still beat, probably a lot more now.

It had been 12 long years since we had known each other. Most of our exchanges had been on mails, chats or sms. We had hardly met, may be just twice or thrice & I rued that fact. But I knew for sure, she was the girl. The one for whom my heart pulsated. I had relayed that feeling to her, sometimes subtly through expressions & sometimes verbally or through actions. She knew it & she felt it, just that she wasn’t acknowledging it. She liked me too, but had never said the 3 word sentence every guy would like to hear from his girl. I now had begun to realize the power of “I Love You” & wished the world understood it too.

I didn’t dare to tell her about my recurring illness, but silently hoped she was around in my last few days. The news did break to her & she eventually came. If death was the only thing that could have got me so close to her, I wished it had come earlier. Those last 8 days of my life were the ones I truly lived. With her along my bed side, no end could have been better. People say love is about being together all your life, but for me it wasn’t possible. Did that mean I didn’t love her? Well at least that was not what those few days & moments suggested.

I was still waiting to hear her say “I Love You” She didn’t. But she said something I thought was an even better tribute to my life “I didn’t believe love ever exists, but thanks to you I now do!” That was the last, but the best. May be I deserved a breath more to feel the world around after she said that. But what if it had been one breathe lesser?

I may have had that last breath to hear, but you never know it may be too late for someone else waiting to hear from you. Say “I Love you” to all your loved ones, before it is too late to!

1 comment:

Juggernaut said...

Hey Ashish,

I dont have many words to describe your talent.

"Best article I have ever read in blogspot".